SIX MONEY SAVING REASONS FOR FITTING VESCONITE HILUBE PIVOT BUSHES TO TRAIN BRAKE RIGGINGS
Efficient braking is of paramount importance on every piece of rolling stock, worldwide.
Traditionally steel bushes have been fitted to train brake riggings, and are associated with substantial wear resulting
in expensive maintenance.
over two years ago Vesconite Hilube bushes replaced steel bushes in brake rigging levers on a freight wagon for a long
term comparative test.
After 27 months in use, the rigging was stripped and the bearings measured. Findings were compared with those of a
control wagon on the same train, fitted with conventional steel bushes.
- Minimal wear to pin or bush
- Elimination of wear caused by steel on steel
- Improvement in brake efficiency as a result of lower friction of Vesconite Hilube against steel pin
- No lubrication required with Vesconite Hilube polymer bushes
- Pin life extended
- Extended pivot bearing life using Vesconite Hilube.